Sorry for the absence for a couple of days - I've been updating the links and getting the page more like I wanted it. But I'm back! So here we go...

Mazzante breaks Big Ten (11) scoring record on Sunday. Mazzante Record With the Fever's need for an outside shooting presence, wouldn't she look great in Fever gear!

I saw the Purdue / Minnesota game and Curry is all upset that Shereka Wright isn't getting any love as one of the best guards in the Big Ten (11). No respect story I guess Curry has a point, Wright is probably a better pro prospect than Whalen but I'd take Mazzante over either of them.

IU hits the road again this week traveling to Illinois. Pre-game notes On January 25th the Hoosiers host Purdue and a local business will donate $10,000 for breast cancer research if the Hoosiers draw 10,000 fans to the game. Pack the Hall Story

Tonight. Notre Dame travels to Syracuse. ND Pregame

In Women's top 25 action, Iowa State upset Oklahoma last night. Cyclones story

Saturday is the big game people are talking about - Duke versus Tennessee! The Lady Vols Courtney McDaniel sprained her ankle in practice on Monday and may not be able to play. McDaniel Injury

There's a nice article on WNBA.com featuring the Fever's Natalie Williams workout regimen. Natalie

Over Coffee

Been to the Fever Web site lately? You won't find much you didn't already know. Shoot, on WNBA.com the link to the Fever has the Top Stories of 2003 still on there. For those not in the know, that article was written in December. The Fever's marketing strategy still centers on community outreach of players to children. Hmmm. OK, I like kids, so I'm all right with some of that but for those of us who are adult season ticket buying WNBA fans, throw us a bone! Who writes for their web-site? What are they doing during this off season period? I know the league is struggling and resources to pay journalists are not a primary concern, but I truly believe, with the staunch supporters out there, that you could get someone to keep the web sites up to date and post some meaningful information daily for free! I volunteer! Maybe you could get an intern from one of the local colleges to take on this task. I mean, why is it so hard to find someone who generally has an interest in the sport, give them access to the players and coaches, let them interview and research, and then let them build on the interest that already exists out there? Heck, several people are already doing it anyway! For proof just type in women's basketball on your favorite search engine. Instead, we get an occasional blurb from one of the writers covering the Pacers on what is happening with the Fever. As a season ticket holder, I'd like to see an interview with the newly acquired Deanna Jackson. Maybe an insight into the draft preparation and scouting of college talent! I'd much rather read about that then which elementary school Niele Ivey is visiting on Thursdays. Well, maybe it's just me.
Peace!


No comments: